This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Cygwin/XFree86 setup.exe packages available for comments and testing
- From: "Harold Hunt" <huntharo at msu dot edu>
- To: "cygx" <cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com>, <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 21:14:30 -0400
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Cygwin/XFree86 setup.exe packages available for comments and testing
I have setup an anonymous ftp site with preliminary Cygwin/XFree86 setup.exe
These is based entirely off of Ian Burrell's work.
My primary concerns that I don't know how to resolve are:
1) I didn't do the XFree86-base "meta" package properly. setup.exe does not
list XFree86-base as a package and it doesn't enforce the dependencies of
the other packages on XFree86-base.
2) I'm not sure why, but uninstalling packages often leaves files around.
For example, uninstalling XFree86-f100 delete all files from
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/ except for "UTRG__24.pcf.gz". Weird.
3) We may need a short post-install script, based off of Xinstall.sh, that
runs mkfontdir in the /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/local and
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc font directories. Xinstall.sh says it does
this to make sure that these directories are "up to date". I guess that
every font package has the right to install fonts in local or misc, but it
seems that none of them do. Perhaps this won't matter.
That's it for now.
I'm awaiting feedback,