Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] cygwin/xfree86 setup.exe packages available for comments and testing

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 09:14:30PM -0400, Harold Hunt wrote:
>I have setup an anonymous ftp site with preliminary Cygwin/XFree86
>setup.exe packages: ftp://huntharo-4.user.msu.edu/pub/cygwin/

Looks like you figured out upset.  Sorry about not responding.

>These is based entirely off of Ian Burrell's work.
>
>My primary concerns that I don't know how to resolve are:
>1) I didn't do the XFree86-base "meta" package properly.  setup.exe
>does not list XFree86-base as a package and it doesn't enforce the
>dependencies of the other packages on XFree86-base.

It needs at least an empty tar file.

>2) I'm not sure why, but uninstalling packages often leaves files
>around.  For example, uninstalling XFree86-f100 delete all files from
>/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/ except for "UTRG__24.pcf.gz".  Weird.

There was another report of cygwin not removing files in the cygwin
mailing list.  Was that possibly the last in the list from a
/etc/setup/whatever.lst.gz file?

>3) We may need a short post-install script, based off of Xinstall.sh,
>that runs mkfontdir in the /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/local and
>/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc font directories.  Xinstall.sh says it
>does this to make sure that these directories are "up to date".  I
>guess that every font package has the right to install fonts in local
>or misc, but it seems that none of them do.  Perhaps this won't matter.

How about mounting the font directory in binmode, too?

cgf