apache keep-alives keep hanging

Corinna and the others,

we'll need to have some kind of signal passing problem on Cygwin level
for Apache's child httpd processes.

As you may see from http://apache.dev.wapme.net/server-status the
childs don't seem to gracefully timeout when the parent process tells
them after timeout to do so.

I solved this by sending SIGKILL instead of SIGUSR2 in Apache's source
code. But I guess this is more a of a kludge then a solution.

Unfortunatly the interprocess signal passing problems appears at
high-load only. If someone of the core DLL guys and galls can check
this, please?!

I'll switch apache-1.3.24-5 to -6 and add the necessary code to use
SIGKILL instead of the usual signaling.

Stipe

tolj@wapme-systems.de
Wapme Systems AG