Re: Setup 2.218.2.9 fails to read setup.ini file from prc-tools mirror

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 09:02:12AM -0600, Carl Sorensen wrote:
> I am trying to install prc-tools on my WinXP machine, using cygwin setup
> 2.218.2.9.
[...]
> (null) line 1: parse error, unexpected $undefined.
> (null) line 1: unrecognized line in setup.ini headers (do you have the
> latest setup?)

Yes.  This was happening intermittently while I was updating our little
setup.ini, and would go away with random changes to the file, or even if
I just saved it again.  Or something.  I couldn't figure out what was
going on.  I thought the problem had gone away, but now that it's gone
live, I've been getting a few reports that it's failing for some people.
Intermittently.  (Uninitialised variable in the parser maybe?)  The
setup.ini in question is at

	http://prc-tools.sourceforge.net/install/setup.ini

in case any experts can see what dumb mistake I've made.  I've only got
HEAD setup.exe sources, I haven't yet pulled down the current branch
ones to try to figure out what the error messages are trying to tell me.
I guess I should.

Incidentally, contrary to the example at the end of
http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin-apps/setup.html, my trial and error
found that the quotation marks in sdesc were not optional.  If so, maybe
the example needs updating.

    John