From: Nicholas Wourms [mailto:nwourms@netscape.net]
Sent: Saturday, 6 July 2002 10:43
To: Billinghurst, David (CRTS)
Cc: cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Binutils alignment and libjava

Billinghurst, David (CRTS) wrote:

>Sorry for not commenting on this earlier, but I have been travelling
>with work - building and commissioning plant rather than computing.
>
>It is now possible to build libjava with 4 byte alignment on cygwin,
>as hash synchronization has been disabled for cygwin
>(in libjava/configure.host).
>
>I have tested this in both 3.1.1 (cygwin) and 3.2, but not for a
>couple of weeks.

David,

Is not having hash synchronization going to impair the ability to
compile and run java apps on cygwin?  Just wondering how big of a loss
that is.  Also, I was wondering if you noticed any bizarre behaviour
with the install scripts for libjava?  I was runing a make install about
a week ago, and it wasn't recognizing the exe extention, which caused
some problems with temp files.

Cheers,
Nicholas