Re: Ghostscript packaging for X11, non-X11 versions

Dario Alcocer wrote:

Well, my personal preference has always been to include whatever
documentation a package has, whether it be man pages or supplementary
HTML documentation.  I figure if space is really an issue for a
particular user, they can delete the documentation if they wish.

As a maintainer, I'd rather provide the user with the complete package.
If the original software includes documentation, then in my opinion
the package I produce won't be complete unless I include the original
documentation.

In my opinion, distributing software without documentation is like
selling hardware without manuals.  Sure, you can *still* use it, but
it's really a pain to download the documentation if you'd like explore
additional features or configurations.

AMEN!

This is how it should be, none of this "pruning" crap or leaving out the extras... And, of course, there's no such thing as "too much" documentation.
:-)

Cheers,
Nicholas