Re: mknetrel: sub-package splitting, 2nd try

Charles Wilson <cwilson@ece.gatech.edu> writes:

> I think your assumptions are probably safe, in general, and lead to a
> nice understandable structure in mknetrel's code.  I can double tar if
> I need to.

I was just thinking: another reason for choosing this different
install tree thing was, to avoid the kind of homebrew things you see
in debian/rules.  But I forgot about how rpm goes about it: naming
packages, and listing file globs; and the rest is automagically.

Maybe it would be a better to replace the possibly-overly-generic-
but-maybe-impractical <symbolic-subpackage>_split () functions, by
<symbolic-subpackage>_glob () functions, eg:

  doc_glob () {
     echo "/usr/doc /usr/info"
  }

These could of course also have a default implementation, and
mknetrel:domkdist () can handle these automagically.

Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter