Re: Metaquestion: bug reports

At 12:43 PM 02/08/06, you wrote:

> OK. Perhaps someone should correct the web page,
>
> http://cygwin.com/lists.html
>
> which says to send setup.exe bug reports to cygwin-apps (which you can't do
> without subscribing).

Well the preferred place is here. We respond quite happily on
cygwin@cygwin.com, as you may have observed. If you'd care to offer a
patch to the website (literal or just in email), I'd be happy to review
and apply.
Um, OK: where it says

Here's the one exception: Please use this mailing list for design discussions and bug reports regarding cygwin's setup.exe
program. This program is found in cygwin's cygwin-apps/setup directory.

it should perhaps say

Here's the one exception: Please use this mailing list for design discussions and bug reports regarding cygwin's setup.exe
program. This program is found in cygwin's cygwin-apps/setup directory. If you have a bug report for setup.exe but do not want to subscribe to the list, you may send it to the main cygwin mailing list instead.

... of course, I'm assuming here that you can send mail to cygwin@cygwin.com without being subscribed to it!

Harry.

---
Harry Johnston, http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~harry