Re: Exim

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 10:11:45AM -0400, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>
>> Sorry.  I didn't realize that this was a test version.  I don't see
>> any reason to release a completely new package as a test version but
>> then I guess I'm on record with that opinion.
>
>http://cygwin.com/setup.html gives a perfectly reasonable explanation:
>"Opinion on whether to mark your initial version as a Test version is
>currently mixed. If you have doubts about the stability of your initial
>offering you may decide to mark it as Test. Then, once the package has
>no major bug reports from users, a current package may be introduced."

The "Opinion is...  mixed" comes from the fact that I don't agree with
the above.  However, I'm such a nice guy that I let opposing views show
up on web pages that I sponsor.

Regardless, that doesn't mean that there is absolutely no announcement
of the new package.  You should have at least announced it in the cygwin
mailing list.

>I knew I would be often unreachable in the days following the test
>release.

Then you probably should have waited.

cgf