Re: Exim

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> Regardless, that doesn't mean that there is absolutely no announcement
> of the new package.  You should have at least announced it in the cygwin
> mailing list.

The instructions suggest that other arrangements are possible:
"So, unless you have made arrangements to advertise your test release,
[which I had done on a small scale] this option should be used sparingly
[leaving open no announcement at all...] ."

At any rate that can be fixed easily enough. I propose to change -2
to a "test" version (that's a 1 line change), upload it and announce it
as such with the caveat that it is known to have limitations on 9X.
OK?

Pierre

http://home.attbi.com/~phumblet/setup.hint
http://home.attbi.com/~phumblet/exim-4.10-2.tar.bz2
http://home.attbi.com/~phumblet/exim-4.10-2-src.tar.bz2

# Exim-4.10-2 setup.hint
sdesc: "A Mail Transfer Agent."
ldesc: "Mail Transfer Agent with sendmail like command line
arguments and a single configuration file.
Features: flexible retry algorithms, header & envelope rewriting,
multiple deliveries down single connection or multiple deliveries in
parallel, regular expressions in configuration parameters, file
lookups, supports sender and/or receiver verification, selective
relaying, virtual domains and built-in mail filtering.

See www.exim.org.
This port is compiled with tls/ssl support."
test: 4.10-2
category: Mail
requires: cygwin gdbm openssl