Re: Uncompilable setup.exe... again

Hello Max,

>Yep, just don't try to avoid setup, and you should be fine.
>
>I look forward to your RPM work with interest...

My work will be finished on december 19th, and I'll have to do a lecture
on january 15th. Then I'll translate my hole work to english, since it's
been written in french (does anybody volunteer to translate it into others
languages ?). And then, if you want, I'll post a copy.

I sincerly hope that this work won't look too 'primal', as porting RPM-4.1
wasn't that difficult (even if it seems to work quite well ;-)) and its
integration into the setup process doesn't, actually, look like impossible.
In fact, my strategy is to create a very basic Cygwin distro (setup, basesystem,
filesystem, bash, glibc-common, glibc, ldconfig, libtermcap, mktemp, termcap
as wrote '73 de Jeff' from the RPM ML in https://listman.redhat.com/mailman/private/rpm-list/2002-November/016873.html),
to integrate RPM-4.1 into that distro, to create the RPM files for the packages
I'd like to install (if not available on www.rpmfind.net), to store them
in a ftp (for example) reachable place, and then to have setup.exe deal
correctly with those new entities.

And one more time: thank you for your priceless help !!!

Yann Crausaz
Yann Crausaz
EIVD - University of Applied Sciences of Western Switzerland
Route de Cheseaux 1
1400 Yverdon-les-Bains
Switzerland
mailto:yann.crausaz@eivd.ch