RE: Building /etc/passwd from setup.exe

Thanks.

Pierre A. Humblet has modified mkpasswd to support
the -c flag we were discussing... he's going to post
it here later (if you want an early copy email him or
me directly).

I just need to get this straight in my head, excuse
me if this takes some time!

So, using either a cached profile from or log'd onto
the domain LCI...

hostname = du216771
$HOSTNAME = DU216771
$USERDOMAIN = LCI

and your username is LCI/BoydE right?

At work (on a domain), I get...
hostname = pc04139dnta
$HOSTNAME = PC04139DNTA
$USERDOMAIN = MICROMARKETING

At home (no domain), I get...
hostname = LOKI
$HOSTNAME = loki
$USERDOMAIN = LOKI

from this (limited) data set, I can only deduce that,
when $HOSTNAME != $USERDOMAIN you are either logged
onto a domain or you are a cached user.  Correct?

J.