RE: Building /etc/passwd from setup.exe

At 05:37 PM 1/4/2003 -0000, John Morrison wrote:
>Pierre A. Humblet has modified mkpasswd to support
>the -c flag we were discussing... he's going to post
>it here later

Here it this, it compiles with gcc mkpasswd.c :)

The question is whether the switches -l -c will produce
correct info about the current domain user in all cases
(detached from PDC or not, NT/2000/XP, ...) and not
produce anything more than -l if the current user is local.

John noted that on unix the usernames are in lower
case. That would be easy to do on Cygwin.
Should we, or is it better to keep the Windows format?

On Win95/98/ME this version now handles correctly switches
such as --help, -v, ...

>from this (limited) data set, I can only deduce that,
>when $HOSTNAME != $USERDOMAIN you are either logged
>onto a domain or you are a cached user.  Correct?

!! HOSTNAME is not defined in my sh (starting from Windows).

Pierre