Re: base-files-mketc.sh

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Max Bowsher wrote:

> Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> > Perhaps, instead of making
> > a whole bunch of new controls in one propsheet, we should have an
> > "Advanced..." button that would pop up a dialog with all the extra
> > options...  What do people think?
>
> > IMHO, changing the cygdrive prefix is an advanced user action, and the
> > user doing it should be aware of the consequences.  One of them being
> > that she has to check all the symlinks to make sure they aren't broken
> > anymore.
>
> Which means that if setup offers a nice easy way to do it, setup will have
> to assume the resposibility of doing the fixups. Not really feasible. I
> don't think this is a good thing for setup.

True, but doesn't mean we can't do it on initial install, at least.  We
could also pop up a warning box...  This actually gives merit to the idea
of the "Advanced" button, since most users probably will not go there.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

Oh, boy, virtual memory! Now I'm gonna make myself a really *big* RAMdisk!
  -- /usr/games/fortune