Re: xerces-c 2.2.0-1

> 1. Is it necessary to put 'gcc' in the 'requires' directive for
> xerces-c-devel ? I've scanned the current setup.ini file and all
>  -devel packages I've looked at do not include 'gcc'.

I guess if nobody else is requiring gcc, it isn't necessary.

> 2. Does xerces-c-doc require xerces-c-devel ?

Nope, doc doesn't require devel.  I can't even think of why I had that
requires in there...  maybe because the doc has a lot of doxygen stuff for
the devel package?  but this isn't necessary, there aren't any dependencies
(e.g. installing doc without devel is ok)

Actually, now that I think about it, devel doesn't require the libxerces-c22
package because you can link against the .dll.a libraries that are installed
in /usr/lib.  libxerces-c22 is only required at runtime.

I've updated the setup.hint files for these two packages at:
http://abackus.imagineis.com/release/xerces-c/xerces-c-doc/setup.hint
http://abackus.imagineis.com/release/xerces-c/xerces-c-devel/setup.hint

thanks!
-Abe