Re: Pending packages status

marcel at telka dot sk wrote:
Napísané dňa 2003.02.20 11:32, (autor: Pavel Tsekov):

1. grace
2. nfs-server
3. LPRng
4. ifhp
5. TCM
6. par
7. pdksh

There are missing my DocBook XML packages :-(.
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-02/msg00148.html

Not that I object, but as someone who is well aware of the frustration that sgml/xml processing systems cause on linux, shouldn't we have a complete roadmap for the potential cygwin system before we start checking in stylesheet packages? I don't know of anyone who wouldn't agree that getting a working docbook system is a royal PITA. Are we going to have some sort of style-sheet management infrastructure at some point? Although I realize that xmlto is stand-alone from jade, I think we should plan for a fully working docbook rendering system at some point. I really don't have a good solution for this, but I feel it was at least worth noting the possible complications that may arise in the future from an improperly planned stylesheet installation. We should decide now on the type of layout that we want and what sort of management infrastructure we are going to use (RedHat, Mandrake, Suse, Debian, or our own?). You know, an ounce of prevention...

Cheers,
Nicholas