This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: when is next release of setup.exe
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: "linda w \(cyg\)" <cygwin at tlinx dot org>,<cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 22:04:35 -0000
- Subject: Re: when is next release of setup.exe
- References: <email@example.com>
linda w (cyg) wrote:
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Igor Pechtchanski
>> Cygwin setup compiles fine with Cygwin gcc.
> Pardon me, kind sir, but I have a "itty bitty teensie weensie"
> problem with this:
> Twas all so minorly amused by this discussion as I was just about to
> ask if setup was supposed to be able to be compiled under cygwin.
> I'm using "setup-126.96.36.199.tar.bz2"....
The problem is, way back then when 188.8.131.52 was release, gcc3 didn't exist
yet. The setup code from then didn't comply strictly enough to C++ standards
to compile with gcc3. So, gcc-2? No, because the setup code needed some
fixes to work with the -2 suffix on certain things.
Probably the easiest option is to abandon 184.108.40.206, and grab the latest
source from CVS.