This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Python Tkinter module problem: pydog -g doesn't work
- From: Volker Zell <Dr dot Volker dot Zell at oracle dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 12:51:36 +0100
- Subject: Python Tkinter module problem: pydog -g doesn't work
- Organization: Oracle Corporation
I tried pydoc and got the following errors. According to the docu the
should work. Is anybody using this ?
11:02 PM > pydoc -g
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/bin/pydoc", line 4, in ?
File "/usr/lib/python2.2/pydoc.py", line 2049, in cli
File "/usr/lib/python2.2/pydoc.py", line 2020, in gui
File "/usr/lib/python2.2/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 35, in ?
import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured
ImportError: No module named _tkinter
By the way, the python README is outdated. It still mentions downloading
from http://www.tishler.net although rebase is part of the distro now.