This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setup cvs-HEAD hangs intermittently when downloading
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Robert Collins <rbcollins at cygwin dot com>, Max Bowsher <maxb at ukf dot net>
- Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 22:27:03 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: Setup cvs-HEAD hangs intermittently when downloading
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> On 14 Mar 2003, Robert Collins wrote:
> > If it's a hang and you're breaking in, try stepping through a bit -
> > there may be infinite recursion or some such.
> > If it's segfaulting.... the problem should be easier to debug.
> > Rob
> Unfortunately, it's intermittent and not reliably reproducible. I'm not
> at all sure what causes it. I'll try it next time I get it, though.
> Frankly, I doubt it's infinite recursion - CPU usage is 0. I'm more
> inclined to think there's a deadlock somewhere, or it's waiting for
> something that doesn't notify... And it's not really hanging, either, in
> that it gets Windows events and reacts to buttons correctly...
On reflection, it looks like the backtrace I got was for the wrong
thread. I'll post backtraces for all threads next time I can reproduce
|\ _,,,---,,_ pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ igor at watson dot ibm dot com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
Oh, boy, virtual memory! Now I'm gonna make myself a really *big* RAMdisk!