This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: emac for X11 throws error about entry point SmcClientID not be located in libSM.dll
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Haibing Ma <haibing_ma at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com, <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 12:48:07 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: emac for X11 throws error about entry point SmcClientID not be located in libSM.dll
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Wrong mailing list, redirected. For your convenience, I've set the
Reply-To: field to point to the correct list. Please remove
<cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com> from further replies. Thanks,
On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Haibing Ma wrote:
> I'm using win2000. I installed emacs-X11 and xfree86 for cygwin. When I
> tried to run emacs, it throws an error window saying: The procedure
> entry point SmcClientID could not be located in the dynamic link
> library libSM.dll. I saw some mail talking about rebase or not rebase.
> Is there a solution to it. Or my setup screwed up something? Or I need
> to find a good mirror site to download?
> My emacs-nox works fine.
> Thanks for your help.
|\ _,,,---,,_ pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ igor at watson dot ibm dot com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
Oh, boy, virtual memory! Now I'm gonna make myself a really *big* RAMdisk!