Re: juggling patches...

On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 11:03:23AM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
>On Thu, 2003-03-20 at 10:41, Max Bowsher wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the offer - but I won't be doing this:
>>
>> I'm currently restricted to dialup internet until I return to university -
>> CVS operations are just too slow.
>>
>> Plus, I already get the functionality of cvs merging, by keeping one working
>> directory per project.
>>
>> And lastly, I'm always somewhat cautious about touching a remote repository.
>> For example: I had to get Chris to run some cvs admin commands for me
>> recently.
>
>Thats cool. The offer remains open. arch would be great for this (as it
>addresses all the points above :}), but I simply don't have time to port
>it properly to cygwin.

"arch"?  As in Tom Lord's arch?  *Shudder*

Maybe we should see if bitkeeper will donate some code to us.  After all they
use cygwin for some of their stuff.  Seems only fair.

Then we get reasonable people with reasonable support.

Perhaps even better, we could then have incessant discussions about the
fact that bitkeeper isn't free and we could cast aspersions on Larry
McVoy's character (inside joke for anyone who reads linux-kernel).

cgf
TCM