This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH] Setup postinstall logging - take 3?
- From: Brian Keener <bkeener at thesoftwaresource dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 17:01:02 EST
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Setup postinstall logging - take 3?
- References: <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: bkeener at thesoftwaresource dot com
Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> The flashing windows are probably the pre-remove scripts - my patch didn't
> touch them.
That was my thought.
> Following file in your /etc/postinstall:
> echo Testing postinstall script 1 >&2
> sleep 5
> echo Done >&2
> (you could call it "testpostinstall.sh"), and then look at the window
> during the 5 second pause. It should say "Running..."
Great suggestion - I'll give it a shot - it will be later today or this
weekend. Thanks for the idea. I will try on both W2k and Win95.