This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ntsec & setup
- From: "Pierre A. Humblet" <Pierre dot Humblet at ieee dot org>
- To: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>,<cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 12:31:52 -0500
- Subject: Re: ntsec & setup
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
At 02:51 PM 3/20/2003 -0000, Max Bowsher wrote:
>Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
>I'm curious: when is the user's primary group not None? Can you actually set
>this anywhere in the Windows UI?
For local users Windows sets it to None and AFAIK this can't be changed.
For domain users it can be specified in a Windows GUI.
In both cases Cygwin changes it to the value in /etc/passwd (which must be
one of the user's groups). This affects setup.exe when starting from Cygwin.