Re: postinstall w/dependencies snapshot.

On Sun, 2003-03-23 at 03:50, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> On 18 Mar 2003, Robert Collins wrote:
>
> > I've uploaded a new snapshot with the new postinstall dependency order
> > logic.
> >
> > Enjoy.
> >
> > A big thanks to Igor, for providing both the concept and the impetus :}.
> > Rob
>
> Rob,
>
> Thanks for the thanks. :-)
> I'm assuming this makes the "setup postinstall ordering" patch obsolete?
> Or does it still have some functionality you'd like to have in setup?
> 	Igor

Well IMO yes it's obsolete. As I originally said, I consider the package
dependency ordering solution both the permanent and sufficient solution.
I always considered script dependencies short term, but if there are
still issues (now that the package dependency solution is 'doing the
right thing') I'm happy to discussion addressing that by either script
depends or tweaks to the package ordering....

I had a brain storm BTW:

my shells not great, but this should give the idea

#!/bin/sh
if [test -e /etc/postinstall/myprerequisite.sh]
  /bin/sh /etc/postinstall/myprerequisite.sh
  mv /etc/postinstall/myprerequisite.sh
/etc/postinstall/myprerequisiste.sh.done
fi

I'm not sure whether this is good or bad... :}.

Rob

--
GPG key available at: <http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt>.