This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH] Setup postinstall logging - take 3?
- From: Brian Keener <bkeener at thesoftwaresource dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:20:00 EST
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Setup postinstall logging - take 3?
- References: <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: bkeener at thesoftwaresource dot com
Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> > Will let you know what I find when I get a chance to try your test with the
> > script.
> > bk
> Oops, I was going to mention that the output now goes into setup.log.full,
> but for some reason thought better of it. Looks like I should have. :-)
Ah hah. There it is - they are still updating - both machines (w2k and win95).
> I don't think progress bars will show any useful information with only one
> script. If you create a few of those (testpostinstall1.sh,
> testpostinstall2.sh, etc), you should see the progress bar jumping in
> 5-second increments.
On Win2k Testpostinstall1.sh through testpostinstall4.sh executed as planned -
each waited 5 seconds and each displayed their portion of the status bar. Log
still being updated.
Same test performed on Win95 - all is still good - testpostinstall1.sh through
testpostinstall4.sg ran as planned and log still being updated.