This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Standardize previous ChangeLog entries?
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Max Bowsher <maxb at ukf dot net>
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 16:39:06 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: Standardize previous ChangeLog entries?
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Tue, 25 Mar 2003, Max Bowsher wrote:
> OK to add the correct double-space between NAME and <EMAIL> in the ChangeLog
> lines "DATE NAME <EMAIL>"?
> There are 24 single-spaced lines compared with 283 double-spaced lines.
FWIW, I count 125 single-spaced lines vs. 294 double-spaced lines... I
used the following patterns in vim:
/^[^ \t].*[^ ] </ for single-spaced, and
/^[^ \t].*[^ ] </ for double-spaced.
This also brings up an interesting question of what the proper date format
is. Most (320) dates are in the YYYY-MM-DD format, but some (99) are in
the "Dow Mon DD HH:MM:SS YYYY" format, and some of those have 2 spaces
before YYYY. Weird.
|\ _,,,---,,_ pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ igor at watson dot ibm dot com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
Oh, boy, virtual memory! Now I'm gonna make myself a really *big* RAMdisk!