Re: ctags 5.5

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 11:24:57AM +1200, Simon Liddington wrote:

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
I just tried the same with your ctags and it dumps core the same way.
It happens if you cd into the ctags source tree and call `ctags -R .'.
Error message:

  ctags: Warning: ctags.html:11: null expansion of name pattern "\2"
  Segmentation fault (core dumped)

But I found that this only happens with Cygwin from CVS, not in 1.3.22.
So it's apparently a Cygwin bug.

Sounds like a bug in regex. Has regex been updated under CVS?

One thing I should mention too. I have not enabled reading ctags.cnf files, leaving it to only read .ctags config files. I beleive the current version in cygwin reads both. Do you see this as a problem, as I could always change it?

How do you do this? I haven't found a configure option for this.

Actually you're right, you can add a particular file but that has to have an explicit path. From looking at the code it depends on whether it is using msdos style paths (MSDOS_STYLE_PATH macro). In 5.2 this is set if compilation is on cygwin but is not for 5.5, Darren changed it for some reason. Seems right the new way round to me, but a comment in the README for the package would probably be a good idea.

Btw., you should remove the empty /etc/postinstall dir from the binary
package.

OK, I'll make a new package with the config file comment in the README too.

Simon