-----Original Message-----
From: Max Bowsher [mailto:maxb at ukf dot net]
Sent: Saturday, February 08, 2003 10:09 AM
To: Roth, Kevin P.; Cygwin-Apps Mail-List (E-mail)

Roth, Kevin P. wrote:
> Recently,
> the upstream maintainer upgraded his autotools, and since then
> it is no longer building quite right. I get an error about
> WinMain at 16 while building the DLL, during the link stage. In
> version 7.10.2, I could get around it by re-building configure
> and the Makefiles. But with the new 7.10.3 release (last week),
> I can't seem to get it working again.

Hmm. I'm not volunteering to maintain curl, but I did look into the
autotools problem. I couldn't reproduce any WinMain errors. My results were:

tar jxvf ... && cd curl-7.10.3 && ./reconf && ./configure && make
 * libtool chose to build libcurl static only

tar jxvf ... && cd curl-7.10.3 && libtoolize -f -c
&& ./reconf && ./configure && make
 * everything worked