Re: pcre packages for consideration

On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 06:18:30PM +0200, Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:
> http://blytkerchan.chez.tiscali.fr/libpcre-4.1-1-src.tar.bz2
> http://blytkerchan.chez.tiscali.fr/libpcre-4.1-1.tar.bz2
> http://blytkerchan.chez.tiscali.fr/libpcre0-4.2-1.tar.bz2
> http://blytkerchan.chez.tiscali.fr/pcre-4.2-1-src.tar.bz2
> http://blytkerchan.chez.tiscali.fr/pcre-4.2-1.tar.bz2
> http://blytkerchan.chez.tiscali.fr/pcre-devel-4.2-1.tar.bz2
> http://blytkerchan.chez.tiscali.fr/pcre-doc-4.2-1.tar.bz2
> http://blytkerchan.chez.tiscali.fr/setup.hint
> http://blytkerchan.chez.tiscali.fr/setup.hint.libpcre
>
> Comments?

Yes.  I'm sorry but I have still two problems with these packages.

- The libpcre-4.1-1.tar.bz2 package should *only* contain the DLLs itself
  for backward compatibility.  Nothing else.  That messes things up.  E. g.
  the man pages are now available twice, once in libpcre-4.1-1.tar.bz2,
  once in pcre-doc-4.2-1.tar.bz2.  With a bit of bad luck, the first
  package will overwrite the second and you're getting the old man pages.
  This doesn't make sense.  So, please strip the libpcre-4.1-1.tar.bz2
  archive down to the bare bones (the DLLs that is).

- As I wrote in another posting, please create setup.hint files for each
  single package, one for libpcre, one for libpcre0, one for pcre-devel,
  etc.  Each package will be in its own subdir with its own setup.hint
  file.

Other than that it looks ok,

Red Hat, Inc.