This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: "Abraham Backus" <abraham at backus dot com>
- To: <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 12:24:06 -0700
- Subject: xerces-c 2.3.0-1
There has been a new release of xerces-c (2.3.0). Here is part of the
The Xerces-C team is pleased to announce that Xerces-C 2.3.0 is now
available. The primary features of this release are:
- pluggable memory management: Allows an application to have Xerces
request memory from a user-supplied object rather than directly from the
heap. To allow for maximum flexibility, this has been implemented on a
- pluggable panic handler: The user may now register an object with the
parser that the will notify when it cannot initialize itself;
- security handling: a means is now provided allowing applications to
limit the extent to which the parser will process certain XML constructs
that could be exploited in a denial-of-service attack.
- partial implementation of DOM level 3 normalization.
Here are all the relevant cygwin files: