Re: Unisys patent

I posted a reply to this earlier but it's just not my day for "doing things
right". I shouldn't publicise my bad language skills, should I?! :-)

  Please don't do this. From tomorrow the Unisys LZW patent will be defunct in
  the US, and again a day later in Canada. That still leaves serveral countries
  in Europe and Japan who have to wait a year (18/20 June 2004 IIRC) before
  being able to use it.

  Putting this or any other LZW-aware software on the Cygwin mirror system is a
  seriously bad idea. We have mirror's in most if not all of the above
  countries and if they distribute LZW-aware software they're in violation of
  their countries patent laws. Same for Joe Hacker who downloads it, too.

Elfyn

--
Elfyn McBratney
Systems Administrator