This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Instructions to rebuild gcc-mingw?
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 11:30:42 -0400
- Subject: Re: Instructions to rebuild gcc-mingw?
- References: <000501c338ce$5f8bed10$2c7c883e@pomello>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 03:55:44PM +0100, Max Bowsher wrote:
>I've been attempting to rebuild gcc-mingw, without much luck.
>The build scripts in the source tarball only assemble the package from a
>prebuilt tarball of a mingw gcc install.
Correct. The intent is to repackage gcc from mingw to be used for cygwin.
The binaries are built by Danny Smith. I just repackage them. I include
the source to be compatible with the GPL but if you want to rebuild completely
from scratch you'll have to figure out how to do that. It's really not an
issue for gcc-mingw or cygwin-apps.