This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setup.exe: Font issue
- From: Robert Collins <rbcollins at cygwin dot com>
- To: Max Bowsher <maxb at ukf dot net>
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 07:43:38 +1000
- Subject: Re: Setup.exe: Font issue
- References: <018101c33905$405221d0$d24c893e@pomello>
Max Bowsher wrote:
This is trivial in complexity, so shouldn't require a long review.
It is just:
-FONT 8, "MS Sans Serif"
+FONT 8, "MS Shell Dlg"
all through res.rc.
I've tested it, it works.
OK to apply?
I'm still a little leery, as the already pointed out limitations - are
there machines with vector instead of bitmaps Dlg fonts. Does it
interact (worsely) with large/small font settings. And so on.
What would be greate, would be knowing how to get in 'under the hood'
and actually override MS's behaviour here, so we can do the right thing
That said, I don'thave a better solution either... so please check it
in, but put a comment in the rc file, about the next steps if this
raises more issues than it solves.