This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: HEADSUP package maintainers: Welcome to cygwin 1.5.0
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: "Williams, Gerald S (Jerry)" <gsw at agere dot com>
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 17:32:34 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: RE: HEADSUP package maintainers: Welcome to cygwin 1.5.0
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, Williams, Gerald S (Jerry) wrote:
> Static libraries don't concern me, since all I'd need to
> do is notify the maintainer and wait until a new one is
> ready. DLLs could be more problematic if updating one of
> them can cause my package to stop working. That's why I
> asked if "cygcheck" is enough to identify all of my DLL
Cygcheck should be enough to identify *current* *static* DLL dependences.
If your application uses "dlopen", you'll need to know about it from other
sources (e.g., code). Also, DLLs are only problematic if your application
uses functions with parameter types that changed size in the switch to
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton