This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Proposed patch - make longopts behave as newbies expect
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: "Robert Collins" <rbcollins at cygwin dot com>,"Jeremy White" <jwhite at codeweavers dot com>,"Cygwin Apps" <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 23:51:13 +0100
- Subject: Re: Proposed patch - make longopts behave as newbies expect
- References: <1057849806.15487.12.camel@jwhite> <1057881844.32184.15.camel@localhost>
Robert Collins wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-07-11 at 01:10, Jeremy White wrote:
>> The current setup.exe implementation does not handle longopts
>> in the way that a newbie would expect. Specifically,
>> setup.exe --root e:\foo
>> does not work; either
>> setup.exe -R e:\foo or
>> setup.exe --root=e:\foo
>> is required.
>> This is because the --root, --site, and --override-registry-name
>> StringOptions use the default value that specifies that a value
>> is optional, which, imho, is wrong.
>> This patch corrects this, and adds a test program as well.
> Thank you for this. The changes to setup are ok. However, the test
> programs' copyright is -obviously- wrong. Also, I don't see the need for
> an additional user-driven test in this case either - though extending
> testoption.cc would be useful.
> Max, I'm still basically off-the-air - sick - so, could you please
> checkin the setup changes?
No problem, done.