Re: Coreutils

matts@bluesguitar.org wrote:

Hmm, actually it seems the newest coreutils builds out of the box on cygwin
with a minor tweak.  It does seem to depend on libiconv, so after that's
updated for cygwin 1.5.0, I'll release a test version of coreutils.

IIRC, there were a few modification CGF did to the former subpackages of coreutils. I believe some of them are still needed. Grab the stock source tarballs of each version and the corresponding cygwin source pacakge. Run diff between the two and you'll see just what I mean. Perhaps Chris has the patches stored somewhere? Just thought you should know, so that we don't get any regressions...

I'd also reccommend grabbing the coreutils SRPM from Red Hat rawhide and see what relevant patches it contains (IMNSHO it contains quite a few nice ones). There are some bug fixes in it as well. Just a thought, anyway...

Cheers,
Nicholas