This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Apache with mod_proxy as caching proxy randomly fails
- From: Elfyn McBratney <elfyn at emcb dot co dot uk>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 00:42:06 +0100
- Subject: Re: Apache with mod_proxy as caching proxy randomly fails
- References: <3F11D8D0.1B1955CF@dessent.net>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Sun, 13 Jul 2003, Brian Dessent wrote:
>  Aren't cygwin source packages supposed to compile easily, based on
> the README? I pulled out a significant amount of hair just trying to
> recompile the already-patched 1.3.24-5 package. Specificically, I had
> to: modify src/Configure to use "-lgdbm_compat" instead of "-lgdbm",
> move cyghttpd.dll from /usr/apache to /bin, and rebaseall. Why is this
> left up to the poor shlob (i.e. me) to figure out? I swear I read
> everything I could and that still didn't come close to half of the stuff
> needed to get most packages to build.
Stipe, this is kinda true. When you release updated packages for Cygwin 1.5 can
you change the install rules for the shared-core and the libs, and please
update the Cygwin README noting the above.
Elfyn McBratney, EMCB | http://www.nongnu.org/wwwauth/
http://www.emcb.co.uk | http://www.emcb.co.uk/webauth/
firstname.lastname@example.org | wwwauth-users AT nongnu DOT org