Re: Apache with mod_proxy as caching proxy randomly fails

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003, Brian Dessent wrote:

> [1] Aren't cygwin source packages supposed to compile easily, based on
> the README?  I pulled out a significant amount of hair just trying to
> recompile the already-patched 1.3.24-5 package.  Specificically, I had
> to: modify src/Configure to use "-lgdbm_compat" instead of "-lgdbm",
> move cyghttpd.dll from /usr/apache to /bin, and rebaseall.  Why is this
> left up to the poor shlob (i.e. me) to figure out?  I swear I read
> everything I could and that still didn't come close to half of the stuff
> needed to get most packages to build.

Stipe, this is kinda true. When you release updated packages for Cygwin 1.5 can
you change the install rules for the shared-core and the libs, and please
update the Cygwin README noting the above.

Elfyn

--
Elfyn McBratney, EMCB  |  http://www.nongnu.org/wwwauth/
http://www.emcb.co.uk  |  http://www.emcb.co.uk/webauth/