Re: Pending package status (14 Jul 2003)

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Elfyn McBratney wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
>
> > @ TCM
> >
> > date   : 27 Jan 2003
> > version: 2.20-1
> > status : updated package is available for review
> > notes  : http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-01/msg00299.html
> >          http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-01/msg00100.html
> > reviews: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-03/msg00046.html
> > votes  : 2 (Christopher and Lapo)
> > url    : http://home.in.tum.de/~boesswet/tcm-2.20-1.tar.bz2
> >          http://home.in.tum.de/~boesswet/tcm-2.20-1-src.tar.bz2
> >          http://home.in.tum.de/~boesswet/setup.hint
>
> The above packages will disapear from the list unless they are reviewed
> or get some votes... So, unless you want to see these leave, please take
> action.
>   Elfyn

I'd like to vote for TCM (it's questionable whether my votes count, but
still).  I've also reviewed the binary and source packages from the URLs
above.  Some points below:

1) The install path of /usr/X11R6/bin seems to be compiled in, and tcm
   ignores TCM_HOME when looking for apps.  Don't know if that's normal.
   The apps themselves seem to be working fine.  TCM will work in a
   default install, BTW, so this is minor.
2) I still get a message about not being able to open color info file
   "colorrgb.txt" when TCM_HOME is set.  The path in the message is
   "$TCM_HOME/lib/colorrgb.txt".  Shouldn't it be
   "$TCM_HOME/share/tcm-2.20/colorrgb.txt" instead?
3) The README from the source package doesn't seem to be anywhere in the
   binary package.  It should probably go into /usr/doc/tcm-2.20/...  In
   fact, there's plenty of HTML documentation in the source package that
   would be right at home in /usr/doc/tcm-2.20/, but isn't included in the
   binary package for some reason.
4) When making the source package, make is passing the MinGW include
   directory to g++.  This seems to come from src/Config.tmpl_CYGWIN.  Is
   that intentional?
5) The comment in /usr/doc/Cygwin/tcm-2.20.README says that gcc-2.95-5 is
   needed to compile TCM.  Is that really the case?  Could it have
   something to do with 4) above?  FWIW, removing the mingw headers line
   mentioned in 4) allowed me to build most[*] apps and libs from source
   with no errors using gcc-3.2.
	Igor
[*] I stopped the build at tcmd.exe/libtcmdv.a, but everything up to that
point built just fine.