This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
cabextract review (was Re: Pending package status (14 Jul 2003))
- From: Elfyn McBratney <elfyn at emcb dot co dot uk>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 15:16:01 +0100
- Subject: cabextract review (was Re: Pending package status (14 Jul 2003))
- References: <Pine.CYG.4.55.0307141533210.2052@ellixia>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
> @ cabextract
> date : 27 Jun 2003
> version: 0.6-1
> status : not reviewed
> notes : http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-06/msg00245.html
> votes : 4 (Abe, Charles, Igor and Jason)
> url : http://tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/cabextract/cabextract-0.6-1-src.tar.bz2
I've reviewed cabextract; following are some observations:
1) The source package has the build script named `cygbuild.sh', but as source
packages are extracted by setup to /usr/src , this might get overwritten.
Please rename the script to something like `package-ver-rel.sh'.
Also, when I envoked the script as `./cygbuild.sh all' but got the
[elfyn@ellixia tmp]$ ./cygbuild.sh all
-- cygbuild.sh 1.134 http://tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/cygbuild/
-- Wait, reading and preparing variables based on current directory
./cygbuild.sh.DefineGlobalsRoot: [ERROR] Cannot determine VERSION from /home/elfyn/tmp.
./cygbuild.sh.DefineGlobalsRoot: [ERROR] Are you inside directory package-NN.NN/ ?
./cygbuild.sh.SrcDirCheck: [FATAL] dir is empty
Can you fix that?
OK, it was merely one point. :-) Apart from that it works well and builds OOTB
(by hand). So, once the above is fixed it's ready to be uploaded.
Elfyn McBratney, EMCB | http://www.nongnu.org/wwwauth/
http://www.emcb.co.uk | http://www.emcb.co.uk/webauth/
email@example.com | wwwauth-users AT nongnu DOT org