Aspell review (was Re: Pending package status (14 Jul 2003))

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Elfyn McBratney wrote:

> @ Aspell
>
> date   : 07 Apr 2003
> version: 0.50.3-1
> status : not reviewed
> notes  : http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-04/msg00155.html
>          http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-04/msg00356.html
>          http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-06/msg00239.html
> votes  : 4 (Christopher, Elfyn, Gerrit and Igor)
> url    : http://www-personal.usyd.edu.au/~gpea0679/aspell/aspell-bin/aspell-bin-0.50.3-1.tar.bz2
>          http://www-personal.usyd.edu.au/~gpea0679/aspell/aspell-bin/setup.hint
>          http://www-personal.usyd.edu.au/~gpea0679/aspell/aspell-doc/aspell-doc-0.50.3-1.tar.bz2
>          http://www-personal.usyd.edu.au/~gpea0679/aspell/aspell-doc/setup.hint
>          http://www-personal.usyd.edu.au/~gpea0679/aspell/aspell-dev/aspell-dev-0.50.3-1.tar.bz2
>          http://www-personal.usyd.edu.au/~gpea0679/aspell/aspell-dev/setup.hint
>          http://www-personal.usyd.edu.au/~gpea0679/aspell/libaspell/libaspell15-0.50.3-1.tar.bz2
>          http://www-personal.usyd.edu.au/~gpea0679/aspell/libaspell/setup.hint
>          http://www-personal.usyd.edu.au/~gpea0679/aspell/aspell-0.50.3-1-src.tar.bz2
>
> @ Aspell-en
>
> date   : 19 Jun 2003
> version: 0.51.0-1
> status : reviewed
> notes  : http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-06/msg00161.html
>          http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-06/msg00229.html
>          http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-06/msg00232.html
> votes  : 0 (aspell prerequisite)
> url    : http://blytkerchan.chez.tiscali.fr/aspell-en-0.51.0-1.tar.bz2
>          http://blytkerchan.chez.tiscali.fr/aspell-en-0.51.0-1-src.tar.bz2

OK, time for a proper review me thinks. :-)

Starting out just testing from a text file it seems then in interactive mode the
only characters recognised are alphabetical...

  [...]
  Sorry that is an invalid choice!? 4
  Sorry that is an invalid choice!? 5
  Sorry that is an invalid choice!? i
  helo *Elfyn* hows are you? ar you doing goood!?
  1) Elvyn                                6) Elvin
  2) Elfin                                7) Elven
  3) Elyn                                 8) Elf
  4) Ellyn                                9) Olefin
  5) Elwyn                                0) Elayne
  i) Ignore                               I) Ignore all
  r) Replace                              R) Replace all
  a) Add                                  l) Add Lower
  b) Abort                                x) Exit

so this only allows you to ignore, replace, etc, etc but not correct. I tried
turning on or off `tty' in $CYGWIN , but that didn't seem to help.

Ditto when working in mutt or pine. Apart from that... ;-) No seriously,
everything else looks fine and the packaging is good.

Elfyn

--
Elfyn McBratney, EMCB  |  http://www.nongnu.org/wwwauth/
http://www.emcb.co.uk  |  http://www.emcb.co.uk/webauth/