setup suggestion: obsolete

Sorry if I'm missing something already implemented but this idea just
occured to me and I thought I should write it down before I forget it
again.

Currently, if a new package foobar is build which overrides package foo,
some extra work is needed, e.g. creating an empty foo package with a new
version number or similar stuff.

The idea is this:   Create a new setup.hint entry called `obsoletes:',
which allows to override old packages liek this:

@ foobar
sdesc: Brand new package
category: Utils
requires: cygwin
obsoletes: foo

As a result, when somebody chooses to install the new package foobar,
the package foo would automatically get deinstalled.  A good example
is IMHO the not yet existing coreutils package.  Coreutils is the
union of the GNU fileutils, sh-utils, and textutils packages.  It
contains all tools of the former three packages so creating a coreutils
package would be very easy if setup allows this:

@ coreutils
sdesc: GNU core utilities
category: Base
requires: cygwin libintl2 ...
obsoletes: fileutils sh-utils textutils

Do we have something like that already?  Or would that be hard to
implement?  Any other comment besides "go away"?

Red Hat, Inc.