RE: SetupXP

> > First, please drop
> > "-r HEAD" from your diff command. All that accomplishes is to make the
> > generated patch *revert all changes to HEAD that you haven't merged into
> > your local copy*.
> >

> Ouch, ok, important safety tip.  I thought I had gotten all the
> changes to HEAD,
> but as you discovered I hadn't.

Actually, this appear to work exactly opposite of what you claim:

$ cvs diff -pub res.rc
[...]
-CAPTION "Create Icons"
+CAPTION "Cygwin Setup"
[...]

$ cvs diff -pub -r HEAD res.rc
[...]
-CAPTION "Cygwin Setup - Create Icons"
+CAPTION "Cygwin Setup"
[...]

"-r HEAD" diffs against HEAD, right?  Isn't that exactly what we want?

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
Brewer.  Patriot.