RE: [SetupXP] The two styles for handling activation refusal

> Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
> >> Gary's current SetupXP patchset calls 2 member functions on page
> activation:
> >> OnActivate (returns void), and OnAcceptActivation (returns bool). I think
> >> this is unnecessarily messy. AFAICS, OnAcceptActivation only exists to
> >> prevent the need to change the return type of the existing OnActivate
> >> function.
> >>

> > Yep.
> >
> >> I would very much prefer changing OnActivate to return bool, combining
> the
> >> purpose of both functions. Yes, this does require changes in all derived
> >> classes, but the changes are trivial, and the end result is a cleaner,
> more
> >> logical API.
> >
> > That was exactly my originally-submitted patch.  It was refused.
>
> IIRC, it was refused because it had a load of other changes mixed into it,
> NOT because of the methodology used.

This particular change was refused on its own merits.  I reimplemented it
according to Rob's specific demands.

> Max.
>
> PS: Please repost your diff, even if you've actually merged very few of my
> suggestions. I'd like to have an up-to-date base from which to proceed
> further.

I'll do my best to get something up yet tonight.  Again though Max, please keep
in mind that I posted the SetupXP stuff mainly so people could try out the
now-proven-to-not-work-right XP theme feature, not because I had loads of time
to get back on the bigger/resizable[1] chooser stuff.

[1] Yep, I'm making some headway on the resizability stuff now.  It will be
glorious!

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
Brewer.  Patriot.