RE: [SetupXP] The two styles for handling activation refusal

On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 15:25, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:

> Well, my current code appears to work if changed to do that.  But then
> OnAcceptActivate() is equivalent to my original return value changes (i.e. just
> leave OnActivate() empty and OnAcceptActivate() is your message handler).

Maybe I'm not being clear.
OnAcceptActivate should be -exactly- one line.

bool AntiVirusPage::OnAcceptActivate() {
  return KnownAVspresent;
}

OnAcceptActivate is not intended to be, and never will be a message handler.

> I'm not sure that this whole thing doesn't set an ugly precedent.  Do we do this
> for *every* message coming down the pipe?
>
> if(OnAreYouGoingToDoAnythingInDraw())
> {
> 	OnDraw();
> }

No, as there is a fundamental difference between the two:
  deciding to be 'unavilable' for activation changes the user interface
- the driver needs to move onto the next dialog.
  skipping drawing does not.

Rob