Re: Waiting for xfree86? [Was: guile-1.6.4-1]

Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com> writes:

> Why are we waiting for these libraries?  Do they export variables or
> functions which rely on new 64 bit types?

I haven't investigated that.  It's just that they are listed in:

    http://www.mail-archive.com/cygwin-apps@cygwin.com/msg07117.html

as class 5:

    So, there are really five classes of packages:

    1) already recompiled for 1.5.0
    2) non-binary
    3) binary, but not for new use (e.g. could be recompiled, but why?)
    4) empty compatibility packages (newlib-man, texmf?)
    5) need to be recompiled 1.5.0

So I figured that a package that needs to be recompiled, would export
new symbols.  But maybe class 5 should be split:

    5a: need to be recompiled, but does not export new 64 bit types
        (no need to wait for this)
    5b: need to be recompiled, exports 64 bit types.  packages with
        requires: should wait for this to be recompiled

I've been very busy off late, and only learned about 1.5 a few days ago.

Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter