Re: Review required for whitespace changes?

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 11:52:15AM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
>On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 11:46, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>I'd submit that if the motivation for a comment change isn't obvious
>>then the comment change either shouldn't have been made or the comment
>>isn't clear.
>
>I agree.  Thats why I qualified the rule-of-thumb: comment changes as
>part of a larger change - no need to mention.  comment changes on their
>own though, I'd like to know /why/ they needed to change.  (Other than
>the blindingly obvious fixup-a-spelling-error).

Yeah, but you snipped the part of my mail where I quoted the FSF
ChangeLog standard.  It implied that the "why" isn't necessary.  In
fact, it indicates that you shouldn't be putting the "why" of any change
in the ChangeLog.  You should just be describing what changed.

I don't personally like this policy but that's what the FSF says.
--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to aaaspam@sourceware.org