Re: Review required for whitespace changes?

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 01:17:27PM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
>On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 12:19, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>Yeah, but you snipped the part of my mail where I quoted the FSF
>>ChangeLog standard.  It implied that the "why" isn't necessary.  In
>>fact, it indicates that you shouldn't be putting the "why" of any
>>change in the ChangeLog.  You should just be describing what changed.
>
>I didn't mean to alter the meaning of what you said - sorry.
>
>>I don't personally like this policy but that's what the FSF says.
>
>Uh yeah.  Well, its another FSF coding policy I disagree with..
>Fortunately setup isn't a GNU project.

But, the URL you posted said:

"ChangeLog as per GNU standards."

However, it really doesn't matter.  I guess I'm just stuck in pedantic
mode from arguing copyright issues in mingw-dvlpr.  I do love doing that
so much.

Anyway, I say that Cygwin follows GNU standards, too, but my ChangeLog
entries have been known to contain a little exposition from time to
time.
--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to aaaspam@sourceware.org