Re: Review required for whitespace changes?

Robert Collins wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 02:29, Max Bowsher wrote:
>> May I apply whitespace changes which are in keeping with the style of
>> surrounding code and the rest of setup without explicit review?
>>
>> Are such things supposed to be ChangeLogged?
>>
>> Example:
>> -UINT Window::IsButtonChecked (int nIDButton) const
>> +UINT
>> +Window::IsButtonChecked (int nIDButton) const
>

> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-03/msg00750.html
>
> IOW, no, no review for whitespace,

I couldn't find that in the referenced message, but great anyway, I will go
ahead and commit all the obviously correct whitespace changes from Gary's
patch.

> but note that I'll likely be running
> astyle (a code formatter) without notice when I get some time...

Excellent! I was thinking a similar thing.
Would you check in the .astylerc, so, I can pre-indent whatever I commit.

> Comments that are on their own - isolated changes - should be
> changelogged though, as should non-autogenerated documentation.
> Why? Because doco changes also have motive - like code changes, and like
> code changes the motive should be recorded.

OK.

Max.