Re: TEST: patch-2.5.8-4

David Rothenberger writes:
 > Charles Wilson wrote:
 > >
 > > Corinna Vinschen wrote:
 > >
 > > > Hi,
 > > >
 > > > I've uploaded the 64 bit version of patch, 2.5.8-4, marked as "test".
 > >
 > > This didn't work, for me.  I got (from memory, this was late last night)
 > > a "Illegal seek value" error message or something every time I tried to
 > > patch.  (And yes, I was currently running a full-up 1.5.0-test system)
 >
 > FYI, it works if you use the -i switch.  It only fails when reading the
 > patch file from stdin.

I did some more research into this.  It looks to me like fdopen()
does not setup FILE* correctly -- it doesn't set the internal
function pointer for seek64.  This causes a subsequent fseeko()
(resolved to fseeko64() somehow) to fail because the function
pointer isn't there.

More details and a STC can be found in
<http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-07/msg01425.html>.

I'm posting here so Corinna doesn't have to wade through all the
cygwin postings when she gets back....

Dave