Re: Proposal: psutils (again)

Hi!

+1 for the package from here.

as seen at

the psutils disappeared from the TeX-distribution and are AFAICS not yet a seperate package. The unsupported packages on Jan's site seem to be lost as well, so I compiled it from source and would (enough votes presumed) become the maintainer of the Cygwin port.

I did a quick review, here is what I found:

- Your psutils-1.17-1.patch is not patching the original Makefile
  of the source package, but creates a new Makefile. So you cannot
  recreate the original source by applying the reverse patch.

- The setup.hint in CYGWIN-PATCHES has an "ldesc" which contains one *very*
  long line as a program description. It propably would be better to split
  it into some lines, with each line shorter than 80 characters.

- The package installs some perl scripts into /usr/bin, so perl is required,
  this has to go into the setup.hint

- In the psutils-1.17.README give the information needed for an end user to
  recreate the package. This includes CFLAGS settings, configure parameters,
  etc. (Even, if it's just make, make install)

I'didn't test the functionality, but the package builds cleanly and the layout
of of the binary package looks ok.

I'll have a deeper look at the makefile patch, once it's there.

Volker

--
PGP/GPG key  (ID: 0x9F8A785D)  available  from  wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
key-fingerprint 550D F17E B082 A3E9 F913  9E53 3D35 C9BA 9F8A 785D